Nicole's Notions

Thursday, December 25, 2008

Miss you Nana.

One year ago today was the last time Nana was happy, healthy, and not in the hospital, the last time she was celebrating. Her last Christmas. The last time she was out, not at her own home.


One year ago, we were all celebrating. We were all happy, healthy, and Nana had a good enough buzz for the whole house.


Nana was, and always was the life and heart of any event, of any single day, any moment.




Just a few moments ago my father brought out my mothers gift from Tom, my children, and I, to show my dear Aunts Alice and Agnes.
Inside was a photo of Nana. We all started crying. This morning when my mom first opened it we all started crying.
This somehow managed to be the best Christmas, gift wise, food wise, everything. Only two things wrong. Alice not doing the cooking and not being here between 9-11am, and... Nana...
Man.. I miss her so much.. I haven't even been to her grave sight since Mothers day. I need to go.
I need her.


Nana, you are the heart and joy of the family.
You are the old lady with the dirty mind who made any shy person comfortable.
You were the light in all your grand children's eyes, even when we got into trouble.
We will miss you forever.
And you are always here, in our hearts.
With Love, Nicole

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home